Diana's work is full of sensitive colors
Diana creates pieces that represent both profound and unexceptional situations. There’s a movement, which brings us to another dimension. Using many layers of vibrant colors, there’s an emotional background of concrete moments that take up space and time.
Born in Mexico in 1980. Daughter of an Argentine with PhD in physics and a Brazilian embassy employee, ceramist and sculptor, Diana Helman was brought up in the midst of the artistic world. Her family returned to Brazil when she was 4 and she began to attend the atelier of her aunt Ione Saldanha, a Brazilian visual artist well-known internationally, thus her path could not be different.
Graduated from Puc-Rio in Graphic Design, and sought to develop creative side through design, but it was only after a few years working for great brands and when she became a mother that Diana decided to dedicate herself entirely to arts. In 2018, she excelled in this scenario when she made a solo exhibition in a Petropolis Gallery. From there, after having received an invitation to ehxibit her work with 11 other Brazilian artists, she went to Europe to the Cultural Center Mauricel Ravel in Paris.
In the US Diana participated in ArtPrize 2018 in Michigan and made her first solo show called WIND in the Butterfly Lounge of the Miami Beach Botanical Garden in 2019.
ABOUT THE WORK
Diana Helman art is well known for the use of strong and vibrant colors and is inspired by constant search for spirituality, freedom and connection to GOD, always with the attempt of transformation through maturity and contemplation.
The graphic stains and lines are symbols intended to unite the thoughts between the spiritual experience and how it is felt. Her encompassing and intimate canvas paintings lead to the inner world.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
• “Love is in The Air”, Coral Springs Museum of Art, Lobby Gallery – USA – 2020
• “Eye of the Beholder”, Coral Springs Museum of Art, Lobby Gallery – USA – 2019
• “Spring into Summer”, Sugar Sand Park Gallery| Boca Raton-Fl – USA – 2019
• “12 Disciples des Arts”, Centre Maurice Ravel| Paris-FR – 2018
• Artprize- Grand Rapids |Michigan – USA – 2018
• Coletivo Inspira Ocupa | Petrópolis – 2017
• “WIND” – Miami Beach Botanical Garden Gallery – Miami- FL – 2019
• “Place os Refuge” – Galeria Clube do Filé – Petrópolis – RJ – 2018
• “Place os Refuge”- Galeria Estação Itaipava – Petropolis- RJ – 2018
• “Place os Refuge” – Candice Vogue Square- Rio de Janeiro- RJ – 2017